Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy 4th of July!


It's the Sunday before the fourth of July and my cheezy self decided it was time for the family to be festive. Okay, I skipped out on the festivities--I had nothing to wear (typical excuse I know). The kids looked so cute I just had to have pictures. I tried taking the pictures just before church but Kinsley was so thrilled to be close to her brother that she refused to look at the camera. We decided to give it another shot after church but our attempts were obviously in vane. Grant wouldn't stop crying and Kinsley just kept pouting. Oh well regardless of their facial expressions they still look so darn cute!

We're now preparing for our visit to Utah and can't wait to finally see our family and friends. I told Kinsley a few weeks back that we'd be heading out to the "Beehive State" in July and she's been talking about it ever since. At least once a day she say's "we're going to see them in July." Needless to say we're all super excited. As usual things are busy at the Sorensen home. Shawn is working hard in school, as he attends straight through the summer. Kinsley, Grant and I are still adjusting to our new schedule -- managing life with two kids. Just when I think I'm getting the hang of it one of the two throws in a curve ball and the routine is all off. Oh well, what can you do? Seriously I'm enjoying every minute of it (okay maybe not the poopy minutes)! Kinsley is at such a fun age right now and is always saying silly things. For example while Marie (Grandma Sorensen) was visiting after Grant's birth she taught Kinsley a song about a little old man who saves a rabbit from becoming a hunters prize. Kinsley's favorite part goes as follows (the rabbit is speaking): "help me, help me, help me he said or the hunter will shoot me dead." As I was getting ready (which yes, somehow I manage to fit in a little hair and make-up on occasion) Kinsley was going through my drawers and pulling out anything she could get her hands on. She started singing Grandma Sorensens song and I chimed in with my own version like "clean up all of the clothes on the floor" to which she replied "or the mommy will shoot me dead!" My first thought was yikes, followed by bouts of hysterical laughter. Ahh...... I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Cute! Aunt Marie would always sing that song to us when we were little. My little boy actually makes "fire legos" (guns) and likes to point them at people. The rule is, he can point it at the clock in his room, and that's it. I don't think you'll have problems like that with Kinsley. Now, Grant, he's a boy so you never know :)

Wallace said...

I'm amazed at how smart the little ones are. They are quick to think, and make sense of things at such a young age!!