It’s about time I wrote about our trip to Utah over the 4th of July. The next few postings I’ll be playing catch-up. We were fortunate enough to go to Utah and celebrate Independence Day this year. Shawn was only able to come out for a few days and so I decided to stay another week with just the kids and me. Our first day there we attended the Hardy Reunion/Grandma and Grandpa’s anniversary. It’s always fun to see all of the family, and of course the food is nice too! The remaining few days we spent visiting with our families while we enjoyed some much needed rest and relaxation! Kinsley especially liked our trip to her Grandma Debbie’s house to swim and see her Aunt Maddie. She also had a blast at the Thanksgiving Point Children’s Garden with Jullian and Cohen. They have a giant Noah’s Ark fountain where they let the children play in the water. At one point she stole my flip-flops and wore them in the water, great Kodak moment! The Sunday before Shawn left we had the opportunity to bless Grant in his parents ward. It was so nice to have all the family there for this occasion. Unfortunately Kinsley got sick the last few days of the trip so we ended up indoors the rest of the time. The flight home was definitely tricky with a sick toddler and a two and a half month old. I spent most of the time in the security line praying that Kinsley wouldn’t throw-up on me. That prayer was answered, but I should have prayed for a few more things… Just shortly after we buckled in and were waiting for the take-off Grants diaper leaked and he peed all over me! I brought an extra outfit for him but not myself. He later had a blow-out and I had already used his last spare, yikes! Let’s just say it was a super ride home! Anyway the trip was great! It was sad to say goodbye to family again. One day there won’t be so many goodbyes.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Trip to Utah 4th of July 07'
It’s about time I wrote about our trip to Utah over the 4th of July. The next few postings I’ll be playing catch-up. We were fortunate enough to go to Utah and celebrate Independence Day this year. Shawn was only able to come out for a few days and so I decided to stay another week with just the kids and me. Our first day there we attended the Hardy Reunion/Grandma and Grandpa’s anniversary. It’s always fun to see all of the family, and of course the food is nice too! The remaining few days we spent visiting with our families while we enjoyed some much needed rest and relaxation! Kinsley especially liked our trip to her Grandma Debbie’s house to swim and see her Aunt Maddie. She also had a blast at the Thanksgiving Point Children’s Garden with Jullian and Cohen. They have a giant Noah’s Ark fountain where they let the children play in the water. At one point she stole my flip-flops and wore them in the water, great Kodak moment! The Sunday before Shawn left we had the opportunity to bless Grant in his parents ward. It was so nice to have all the family there for this occasion. Unfortunately Kinsley got sick the last few days of the trip so we ended up indoors the rest of the time. The flight home was definitely tricky with a sick toddler and a two and a half month old. I spent most of the time in the security line praying that Kinsley wouldn’t throw-up on me. That prayer was answered, but I should have prayed for a few more things… Just shortly after we buckled in and were waiting for the take-off Grants diaper leaked and he peed all over me! I brought an extra outfit for him but not myself. He later had a blow-out and I had already used his last spare, yikes! Let’s just say it was a super ride home! Anyway the trip was great! It was sad to say goodbye to family again. One day there won’t be so many goodbyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
Oh, the joys of two kids! Can you imagine life being any more crazy! I'm glad you had such a great vacation, but it sounds like the way home was awful.
Post a Comment