Friday, June 13, 2008

$70.45






$70.45, yep that's how much it cost me to put gas in my car yesterday!!!!!!!! Yikes gas prices are so outrageous! I just read a post on my friends blog and she's paying $5.40 a gallon in Canada. When will it ever stop! Aside from the rising gas prices, my frustration with my cutie-pie Kinsley is rising too!

There's a gorgeous field of purple flowers right across the street from Shawn's office. I've been eyeing it for a couple weeks now but have had trouble working out our schedules to make it work. We decided to just give it a shot right after Shawn got off of work so I met up with him at Boeing. As we walked across the street I could see the most beautiful shots in my minds eye. Sadly it didn't turn out that way. The field was a little more overgrown than it looked from the road and the flowers in some spots stood taller than Kinsley's head. We weren't really dressed for the excursion either (in terms of foot wear). The ground was so muddy and our feet keep sinking into the wet, sticky, sludge. I was determined to try anyway. We already made the hike, Kinsley looked cute and I wasn't about to just give up. To my great demise Kinsley's plans were otherwise. She has developed a strong dislike for the camera. Anytime I have it on she runs away and if I find a way to convince her to stay put all she does is pull ridiculous faces with her head turned away. She knows all I want is for her to look at me, just once, and with that knowledge she takes full control. No even a bribe (and yes I have sunk so low) will get her to look at the camera. It's not that I want her looking at me in every photo, in fact I really don't like shots that look to posed, but you know what I mean. I just want that one picture were her eyes are fixed on the camera and piercing to the view. Grrr...........

Well now that I'm done complaining here are a couple of pics I thought were decent. Just imagine how wonderful the set would have been if we could have seen that beautiful face in just one shot. The last picture is the funniest this is the face she gives me every time I do get her to look at me! One day.......

8 comments:

ashleah shupe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashleah shupe said...

hey sis...those are darn cute pictures of kinsley.. it is good that you have a blog for me to see updated photos of your kids i miss you guys hope everything is going well for you... keep the great work up.... love ya ashleah

Jennica said...

I hear you on the gas prices. We have watched out prices jump twice, twenty cents in just a matter of hrs here.

I still like the pictures though. Very nice. It helps that your daughter is a cutie pie and you are good at what you do.

Leslie said...

Gas is RIDICULOUS. Nuff said. Those picture of Kinsley are beautiful. You just have have an amazingly photogenic family, including yourself. :)

Shannon said...

Andrea, if you hadn't described the difficult circumstances behind your photo shoot, I never would have guessed! The flowers are beautiful, and so is Kinsley. That smile that is causing you gried today will be one of your greatest memories when she is older and more perfectly posed! :)

Shannon said...

whoops! Grief, not gried... :)

Julia said...

I love those of Kinsley. They are better since she doesn't look at the camera--more artistic!

Andree and Josh said...

Very cute pics! I love the new profile picture of yourself. Beautiful Girl!