
Things are always crazy busy around here and some days I feel like it's all I can do to catch my breath. Yet at the same time I love it this way! I'm one of those types of people that would rather be working than relaxing. Yes, relaxation is good and all, but the satisfaction of work (that is work I love, I'm not talking about cleaning toilets or anything) is so much sweeter! As all of you know I've been focusing on my Photography business lately and there is a lot to get in order. I call this the grass-roots period and once it's finished I'll have more time on my hands. I'm in the process of building my website, creating the policy docs, pricing, packages, ordering info, and more. There's are so many little things that go into starting a business, sometimes it's overwhelming but I've really enjoyed the learning experience. I love what I do, I think I've really found my passion, okay I take that back, I know I have found my passion. I only wish I would have discovered it sooner. I've been trying really hard to make sure this venture doesn't get in the way of the kids daily routine. I don't do any work during the day but wait until they go to bed at 7:00pm to "clock-in" if you will. I do photo shoots maybe once a week and am only gone for a couple hours at a time. While I love my business my kids are my favorite and most important job :) Anyway I'll make the big announcement soon once the website is done and everything is official.
Well enough about my photography. Can't say it will be the last time, but for today's post I'm through with it. Now onto the joy of kids and watching every little thing they do. Kinsley is a crack-up! She loves the show Super-Why on PBS and has been really into playing superheros lately, or rather Super-Readers. There are four main characters in the show and she likes to assign out their roles amongst the family. She is always Super-Why the leader of the group of course. I'm Wonder-Red, Grant is Alpha-Pig, and Shawn Princess P. Ha, ha..... I love it! Shawn has tried to trade characters with all us but we've stuck firm to who we are and so daddy is now Princess P and I think it's hysterical. The best part is that she'll address us by our super-reader names in public and it makes things that much more entertaining.
Well enough about my photography. Can't say it will be the last time, but for today's post I'm through with it. Now onto the joy of kids and watching every little thing they do. Kinsley is a crack-up! She loves the show Super-Why on PBS and has been really into playing superheros lately, or rather Super-Readers. There are four main characters in the show and she likes to assign out their roles amongst the family. She is always Super-Why the leader of the group of course. I'm Wonder-Red, Grant is Alpha-Pig, and Shawn Princess P. Ha, ha..... I love it! Shawn has tried to trade characters with all us but we've stuck firm to who we are and so daddy is now Princess P and I think it's hysterical. The best part is that she'll address us by our super-reader names in public and it makes things that much more entertaining.
Grant has been really fun lately too. He's starting to try and make animal sounds, his favorite word is no, and he loves to get into trouble, seriously. When he's heading somewhere he's not allowed to be, like by the oven, or at the bottom of the stairs, he'll stop and turn around and give you the biggest smile, start laughing and then go for it. He loves to be mischievous and I think I've got my work cut out for me. We have a basket of shoes by our front door and the staircase is nearby. I was in the kitchen and decided to go check on Grant in the other room as he was being pretty quiet. He had created a little game for himself by taking the shoes one by one out of the basket, crawling over the the gate at the stairs, and dropping them over to the other side. Soon the shoe basket was empty and the stairs were littered with our size 5 to 10's. What a character!
Oh and I can't forget to mention the crazy weather we've been plagued with. It's June and freezing outside. On Sunday I wore a jacket and a long sleeve shirt to church and was still cold. It's been in the 50's and last night Shawn saw snowflakes in Seattle. Not only is it insane but it totally bites. It's rains here all the time and is always gray so I really look forward to summers here, no I'm feeling doubtful. Will it ever come....... The picture I included I took of Kinsley several weeks back when we had a little teaser of sunny weather. Oh well I just need to be patient. It can't be winter forever or can it?














11 comments:
Those stories are so cute. Preston is a little teaser already too. It is so funny. He loves to be naughty. I love Super Why. Princess P is my favorite character--Shawn should be proud. :) I'm so happy you have found a passion that you can develop while your raising your little ones. Grant's hair has grown so much--it's darling! Too bad about the weather--I could stand Utah being a little warmer too.
I was so surprised when I saw Grant. I almost didn't recognize him. The last time I saw him, in person, was the picture I posted on my blog and he definitely doesn't look the same. Thanks for sharing a glimps into your life.
I remember Shawn having that mischievious grin and laughing all the time. It brings back such fun memories when you share. I also love seeing how they are both growing. I don't have to miss so much when you blog and post their cute, cute pictures Love G-Ma
Grant does exactly what Caleb did and still does. They are a lot of work but the laughs they can get from you are worth every moment of frustration.
You know the weather here has been perfect. Usually it is unbearably hot here by now. Sorry it cant be perfect every where.
Amen on the horrible weather. I'm done with this place. Okay...I love this place, but I'm done with this weather. In other news, I'm done with my job in a week and then we can be friends again! So...let's do that.
How fun! I love reading your posts...they are always so interesting. I love reading how your kids have grown, seeing that when I was in the ward you had just barely had your first. I feel like I was just in Young Womens and you and sister Pexton are still pregnant with your firsts. It's crazy how time flies! I am amazed at how much your children grown. Grant is so cute. It is so cute to read about how much of a pill he is. It sounds like me as a child! :)
I hope all is going well. Your pictures are always so beautiful! I am so excited for you to help out with my pictures for my wedding soon. It's right around the corner! :)
ANDREA! Aaaah, what a fun time! I am so glad that you found me.Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. You made my day, it was so good to hear from you.I LOVE your blog, you have so much going for you and your family its so exciting and fun to see. Your kids are so, so, so cute. And I love your pictures that you take you are really good at that. So much has gone on you need to fill me in on it all some time. Again it was good to hear from you, I miss ya, I hope to keep in touch from now on!
I'm thinking we should start planning a wedding for Grant and Emma, unless Grant is already spoken for. :) They are two mischievous peas in a pod.
And as far as weather is concerned, I have been loving it in Utah lately. Today was perfect. Around 70 and clear. I would love it if it never got hotter than that.
Oh, and I'm VERY excited to see you in August. :)
Oh, and P.S., I saw that Paige commented! Can you please email me her blog address, if it's not a private one? I can't get to her blog by clicking on her name on this page.
Your kids are so dang cute!
Your family is so cute. Way to go. How are things? It's been forever-since High School. Love your blog!
Post a Comment