Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Christmas 2006


Christmas 2006

Here are some great pics from our latest trip to Utah over Christmas. We had such an awesome time with our family and friends. I left Washington on December 11th while Shawn stayed behind to finish work and finals. I kicked off the trip in Las Vegas where I stayed with the Jensen family. The Jensen’s used to live in our ward here in Mukilteo but have since moved to Las Vegas. While they lived here we were great friends with their family of seven kids. I was two of their daughters YW leader for two years. We sure miss them! One day later I left Las Vegas and headed off to St. George where I spent a few days with the Greens (my pseudo family originally from Kearns). I had a wonderful time seeing their new place and shopping with Suzanne. After a few days I rented a car and drove Kinsley and myself up to Lehi, where we spent the remainder of our vacation. Shawn arrived the next day and it was so nice to finally have him all to myself! No work or school for the next two weeks, and it was glorious! We spent the rest of our time visiting with his family, my family, the Pextons, and the rest of our buddies in Utah.

On the 23rd of December I attended my girlfriends annual Christmas party. Andree Mecham has hosted the party at her home and has since 2000. I only see most of them once a year at this party, but within a few minutes it’s as if we haven’t spent any time apart at all. I am so fortunate to have such a great group of girlfriends that have been there for me so many years.
I celebrated my 24th birthday while in Utah. In the afternoon I headed up to Salt Lake with Jullian where we later met up with my mom, grandma and younger sister Madison and had lunch at my favorite ice cream parlor, Leatherby’s. Shawn later surprised me with a fun shopping trip for maternity clothes, followed by a romantic dinner at Otavios. It was a fabulous Italian restaurant right in Lehi and the food was amazing! That evening we had “pig-picking cake” and ice cream with Shawn’s family and the Pextons. It was one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had! After my big day we spent the rest of the time relaxing and enjoying the little time we had left. We were sad to head back to Washington but really enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate the holidays with the people we love.
To see all the pics from this trip visit this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/thesorensenfam/TripToUtahChristmas06?pli=1

Posted by Picasa

No comments: