Friday, March 2, 2007

Kinsley Kristine


Ahh... Kinsley the cutest thing I've ever seen! Hey, I'm totally allowed to be biased, this is our blog!

At 21 months Kinsley is already wowing us!

Her favorites
Song: The ABC's (which she's been singing clearly since 18 months)
Things to do: Sing, she's always singing a song, everything from Twinkle - Twinkle, to Jingle Bells, Elmo's song, Follow the Prophet, Give Said the Little Stream, etc. Kinsley also loves to dance. Her first request every morning is for me to turn on the music--she shouts, "Listen to music!" and will then request what CD she would like to hear by naming one of the songs titles. For the most part she knows how to articulate the things she wants, which can be a good or bad thing for us! Like every other toddler she also loves to play! We always go to the children’s indoor play area in the mall (it's always raining gotta be indoors). I call her "Shawn's daughter" when I watch her play, "Shawn's daughter" can easily be translated to the more commonly known phrase: "Dare Devil." This kid has no fear! I'm constantly running to catch her when she decides to jump from the play equipment. Mostly I don't make it on time, but no worries Kinsley is also extremely tough. Today she landed right on her head when she jumped off the giant sized vegetable slide, looked up at me, laughed and got right back up--crazy kid!

Words: Of course it's No! Seriously, she mostly says everything. Kinsley's communication and language skills are amazing for a 21 month old. She can pretty much say anything you ask her to. She has moved from 3 word sentences to 4 words during this last week. Just the other day Kinsley and I were hanging out on the couch. Actually I was laying down totally sick and she was sitting up near my head. I was trying to keep her busy and get in a five-minute rest by singing "If you're happy and you know it." This usually works, as she loves songs that involve actions, but apparently not that day. After several minutes of listening to me (hey maybe it was the beautiful nasal vocals that my cold had helped me easily produce that did the trick) Kinsley said "Mom, this is lame" and than jumped off the couch. I didn't even know she had ever heard the word lame before, let alone knew what it meant. Like I said she's amazes us everyday.

Recent embarrassing moment: When I say embarrassing I'm obviously referring to embarrassing for Shawn and me. We were at church just two Sundays ago and sat in a different spot then the norm. There was an older couple sitting behind us who Kinsley kept on staring at. She loves to stand in the pew facing the back of the chapel and entertain the congregation with her face-making, and cute smiles. Anywho, about half way through the meeting Kinsley started saying "sleeping" over and over again while pointing to the older couple behind us. We couldn't get her to stop saying it until they both opened their eyes. I wonder how long it will be before they allow themselves to fall asleep during church again?

Needless to say she's understanding the power of words at a young age!

Foods: Cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, yogurt, milk, umm... are we seeing a pattern here? She obviously loves dairy.

Games: "On your marks, get set, and and go" as she calls it. As soon as Shawn walks through the door from work she requests a hug and then a race. They run together from the front door to the fireplace and then back again as many times as Shawn can stand it. It's super cute! I love watching the two of them play together.


Anyway I could go on and on about Kinsley forever. I took the picture of her shown above just a couple days ago--isn't her hair adorable! I won't even tell you how long it took me to get those pig-tails in. She thinks she's too busy to have her hair done. Enjoy!
To see more photos of Kinsley check out this linkhttp://picasaweb.google.com/thesorensenfam/KinsleyDec06March07



No comments: