Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Many Faces of Grant




At 3 weeks old Grant already has a huge personality! He's just too cute and we're loving every minute of it. Typical to the first month of life he spends most of his time sleeping, which we're also enjoying as we try to figure out how to juggle life's demands, and two children. Grant arrived just as Shawn was finishing up his classes and preparing for his finals, and oh boy was it crazy! I'm amazed at all the responsibilities Shawn was able to handle. Just a day before his first final, Shawn developed two bulging zits that looked more like goose eggs on his forehead. I've never seen anything like it, I suppose that's what the stress of a full-time job, law school, a bubbly two year old, hormonal wife, and new baby will do to you. Aside from all that he fared pretty well :) Shawn finished his last final on Thursday evening and has the next two weeks off before he begins his summer semester. I’m thrilled to have him home, even if it is only for two weeks!

Today we're just enjoying a relaxing Sunday, which also happens to be mothers day. I must say I feel truly privileged to be a mother. Having a family is the greatest joy in my life. Shawn gave a great talk in church today about honoring motherhood and it totally made me cry. I shouldn't be too embarrassed however, as Shawn cried far more than I did. When his emotions caught the best of him, he jokingly told the congregation that he was grateful for the things his mother had taught him, even how to cry.

Anyway we're surviving and enjoying (except at 3:00am) this exciting time in our lives.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kareena Watkins said...

Andrea I love this blog! Grant looks like quite the ladies man already. I can't wait to meet him! He is so cute, and Kinsley is getting cuter and cuter too! And you look great by the way! I see you have dressed Shawn nicely in all the pictures too:) Looks like life is full of good times and cute faces. I can't wait to see you all again!