Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

With Kinsley's arrival in 2005 I joined the ranks of those who had the title of Father. This picture, taken shortly after her birth captures the happiness of my newfound title. There is a difference between those who 'get' the title and those who 'earn' the title. I hope that I can 'earn' that title, but I won't know if I have until my kids start having kids- that's when you can start to tell if you earned the title of father -- or so it seems. These pictures highlight my favorite times as a father... They are simple moments that have fostered not so simple meanings.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

oh, how sweet! precious moments!

Kareena Watkins said...

Shawn, that is awesome! I didn't get to wish you a happy father's day yesterday, but I will today! Happy Father's DAY!!!! Thanks for sharing your pics and your thoughts. I miss you guys and am so excited to see you in July!!!!