The last graduation I attended was for my high school graduation and the only differences I noticed were that the hat I wore this time looked more like a Christopher Columbus hat and all of the people who were graduating were much older looking. Other than that it was long, hot, and I made sure not to trip when I went on stage.




I don't have enough room in this post to thank everyone who has helped me, supported me, commiserated with me, encouraged me, laughed with me and challenged me to be better. But I do want to thank my wife who has done all of the above and more these past three years. Thank you Andrea! I couldn't have done it without you. And thank you to my kids who were so patient with me. I'm always grateful for the opportunity to further my education, but I am extremely pleased to have my JD completed and spend more time with the fam.
Okay Andrea here and I must pipe in a mention a few things before this post is published. First of all I have to give a super huge congrats to my amazing husband. Shawn was able to earn his law degree in just three years while working full-time. He attended evening class taking just one credit less then a full-time day student. I don't know where he came up with the energy to make it all happen. Shawn you are simply remarkable! Thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made to take care of this family. I love you!
The last three years have been tough! There were definitely times when I thought it would never end. As soon as the ceremony began and the graduates begin walking into the arena I couldn't help but cry. I felt excited, proud, grateful and relieved that this day had finally come. When we started out on this journey Kinsley was just one year old and we had only been in WA for two years. Without any family around I had to rely heavily on friends to help out when needed. Thanks to all of you for your support! Law school was a sacrifice but we were so blessed along the way. I can't wait to see what's ahead of us now. More than that I'm just thrilled for the simple things to come, like having dinner together each night. That my friends is satisfaction!














10 comments:
Dear Shawn and Andrea,
I am so proud of both of you!! It takes two to have a successful family and marriage. Shawn, you amaze me with your tenacity and strength and your willingness to work hard and make a better life for your family. Andrea, you are so creative and such an amazing young woman. I am in awe of both of you. What a wonderful couple, and such adorable children and I must say you have a pretty cool auntie also!
I love you two, and congratulations on the Graduation and the new baby!!! I know, I know, he/she isn't here yet, but who knows, by the time you read this she/he's appearance might be made know!
Love,
Auntie
Susie
Congratulations brotha!! We are incredibly proud/happy/elated for you (and for Andrea).
Can't wait to see how happy Andrea is too when that baby comes!
Nice work, Shawn, I know how long/hard this was for you, well done my friend, well done.
Andrea, behind every good man is an even better woman, you make Shawn an even better man as well! We love/miss you both!!
Congrats again. What exactly are you going to do with all that time you'll have now?
Ok so I got so excited when I read the title, I was thinking I had a new nephew. Still the news is very exciting Congrat Shawn!!!!
Hooray! I'm so excited for you guys. I would feel the same way as you do, Andrea--excited for lots of things but mostly just simple time together. You guys--both of you--have accomplished so much and have every reason to be proud of your achievements.
Now get that baby out!
I love the title to this post...I've been checking to see if the baby has come yet! We are so proud of you Shawn, and can't believe that you've finally made it! WAY TO GO!!!!
Congrats all around! How exciting to be done with school and how exciting for another baby! I'm sure the Lord will bless you with all your hearts desires. Keep inspiring people all over. Your family is a wonderful example.
Wow! I love that he is done with Law School! Amazing! Wonderful! Congratulations! Hope that baby comes soon! Can't wait to see it's cute face!
Congrats Shawn! What an amazing accomplishment. I remember when you started this adventure and how you thought it would never end. Andrea has always spoken of your strength and perseverance. Great job! And congrats to Andrea for hanging in there. You guys are amazing and we miss you!!
Lisa & Matt
Congratulations - to both of you! You two are a perfect pair; with all of that talent and energy, you guys are like the Incredibles!
I am anxiously waiting to hear if you have a Jack-Jack or Jaqueline! :)
Congrats Shawn! It will be so good for you to be able to hang out with the family after work instead of running down to Seattle =) Congrats again!!!
Post a Comment