Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kids + Cake + Ice Cream = Exceptional Amounts of Fun

All chefs have their favorite ingredients. Some favor one spice over another. Others prefer complimentary flavors. When a chef gets the perfect combination, they will rave that it has transcended ordinary to the extraordinary. Kinsley's birthday party seemed to provide those great ingredients in just the right amounts. The weather was superb, so we held the party in our back yard. Kinsley and all her friends got to fill up on sun, fun and of course, cake and ice cream. Kinsley had been looking forward to this day and it couldn't have turned out more perfectly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She was thrilled with all of her presents. She enjoyed the crown and magic wand so much that after she opened the gift she spent the rest of the party turning her friends into frogs,horses, chickens, etc. She also really liked getting birthday cards. She starting to read and enjoys the challenge of trying to sound out each word.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The kids gathered around the card table to enjoy their cake and ice cream once they had all finished their portions they spread out again to start playing. Grant however decided to stick around to take what he thought was his fair share of the ice cream.

We had a great time! Happy Birthday Kinsley, we love you!!!!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad the weather was nice! Looks like fun. Happy birthday Kinsley!

Shannon said...

That does look like a perfect party. Being able to go outside is THE key ingredient for kid parties in my book!

Greg Swensen said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO super cute! I wish we could have come! I love the cake that you did!!!

Lisa said...

I can't believe Kinsley is four! I remember her 1st birthday party and it seems like yesterday :)

What a beautiful little lady she has become!