Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008






We had such a wonderful Easter holiday. Shawn had spring break the whole week and it was marvelous. The Monday before Easter we went to the Baughs to dye easter eggs for FHE. This was Kinsleys first experience with easter eggs and we couldn't pull her away. She loved coloring on each of the eggs and ended up doing 24! We just couldn't get her to stop. The primary activity was the Saturday before and Kinsley was able to go on an easter-egg-hunt throughout the church building. We didn't do anything special Easter morning but instead waited until the afternoon, as we were having friends over. We also were graced with the pleasure (okay really the stress) of speaking in church that day. Shawns talk was on the atonement and mine on forgiveness. I think we did well. It's always nerve racking speaking in front of a new ward.
Shawn prepared and incredible turkey dinner and I did the fruit salad (tough job, I know LOL). Our friends brought over some candy filled plastic eggs and together with the hardboiled eggs we had quite the hunt. Kinsley and our friends son dashed around the house. Once Kinsley figured out that the plastic eggs had candy in them she wanted nothing to do with the harboiled eggs she had put so much effort into decorating. After the hunt was over we told the kids they could have a little candy after dinner. Kinsley however found some way to smuggle some chocolate. She would have been successful in her secretive indulgence had she remembered to wipe the chocolate off her face before joining the group again.
What a great Easter holiday!
To see more photos from Easter visit our web album:
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jennica said...

She is so cute. Caleb could have cared less about coloring the eggs but wanted to see how many could fit in a cup.
I have gotten out of speaking before by skipping town. I really have. lol Matt warned the secretary in our new ward of this and I havent had to give a talk yet.

Braden and Jodee said...

Great pictures! I can't wait until my bun in my oven is old enough to do fun things with!

The Bredensteiners said...

Your pictures are wonderful-I look forward to our photo shoot!!

Leslie said...

I love that family pic of you guys. You are all knock-outs! Remember how I miss you?

Shaila Lou said...

Your family is so cute! I love the picture of all the Easter eggs. We have yet to attempt dying eggs in this household. Hard boiled eggs just aren't my cup of tea! Looks like you guys had a great holiday!

Whitney Bennett said...

Andrea you are so cute. I love the pictures. I am excited to have your blog link so I can watch what you are up too. Thanks for coming to my shower today. It was really nice to see you again. :)