Sunday, March 2, 2008

Our New Home!





Andrea here, Shawn actually wrote the last post--that's why it was super clever :) I'm back, promise! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I really have missed my blog and all of my super readers! Life has been nearing the brink of insanity since January. We got home from Utah and two days later Shawn, Kinsley and Grant all got the plague. Unfortunately for the kids it took a turn for the worse and we were in the docs office with ear infections and bronchiolitis. Lets just say I had my work cut out for me taking care of the family. While sick Grants waking up 4 times a night turned into six so I was running on two hours of sleep. Plus I started potty training Kinsley the day we got home having no idea that she was going to be sick two days later. We plowed through and she is fully potty trained, yippee! By that Friday I thought I was some sort of super human, with super immunity but alas I contracted the plague too and was stuck toughing it out while juggling the family responsibilities. Shawn helped out as much as he could but with work and school nagging him, it was virtually impossible for him to be home. Lucky for us we have fabulous friends who brought in dinners, helped with the kiddos once they were better, and assisted in priesthood blessings. Oh I love our friends, thanks guys. Now onto the story of the house..........

While we were horribly ill our realtor had scheduled an open house. We thought about cancelling it and had every reason in the world to, but felt like we should go through with it anyway. So we cleaned the place up with every last ounce of energy we had and headed out. The worst part about it was that we were confined to our car. It was on a Sunday so we could'nt go out shopping. And Waiting it out at a friends place was out of the question too, as we were all highly contagious. So fevered and chilled we all hopped in the car and drove around for three hours. We found some great places to take photographs and I actually had a photo shoot yesterday in one of the locations we spotted that day. When the coast was clear we returned home to find that several people had come to take a look at our place. It was the most successful open house since we put our place on the market back in June. One of the couples who viewed the home that day actually made an offer. We accepted, went house hunting (while sick), found the house of our dreams ( I found it Shawn was at school), and started packing. Three days before we were scheduled to close our buyers backed out! We don't really know what happened. Their story was kind of fishy and complex. All a great plot to get their earnest money back.! So needless to say I cried, and cried, and cried thinking that I had lost this house and that I was going to have to unpack. We spent one night in agony (okay so I realize I'm being dramatic) before our lender let us know that our financing would work without the sale of our condo. Good news??? Yes and no. We were obviously able to go through with the deal and close on this beautiful house but now we're stuck with our condo that just won't sell and two huge mortgage payments. We put it up for rent and have decided that we'll take whatever happens first: a buyer or a renter.

So here we are pinching pennies but loving, loving, loving our new house! As if Shawn wasn't busy enough he is now working Saturdays to get some overtime and I'm furiously working to get my photography business up and running to make some extra side cash. I'm also still selling Layers and I've started making hair bows too. I'll post the link for that website soon. Tough times, but we have faith. I really believe everything happens for a reason and I know I'll have a great story to tell years from now. Apparently I think it's great now since I've been rambling and rambling, ha ha!

Onto the brighter side of the story. Here are some pictures of my cute place. It's 2200 sq. ft., 4 Beds, and 3 Baths. These are the pictures from the house listing. I intend to take some better shots later once I have the place decorated. The pictures I've included are some of my favorite things about the house. The first: the house itself, the second: my beautiful kitchen, the third: my soaking tub, and the final: my huge walk-in closet. Ahh.... I just love it. Our fourth bedroom is also large enough for my future photo studio and is currently serving as a playroom/craftroom. We're in a cul-da-sac and the neighborhood playground is at the end of the road. The house is just two miles away from Boeing so Shawn it takes Shawn two minutes to get to work. Anyway I could go on forever and won't bore all of you with the details.

So that's it. That's the big, BIG recap on what's been going on with the Sorensens. Sorry it took me so long to post. Moving is really hectic! Love and miss you all!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks like a really nice place. Hope your condo finds a buyer soon!

Leslie said...

Wow. I am COVETING right now. Even though Paulo reminded me that "any closet can be a walk-in closet," I'd rather have yours than mine. And I'm still googly-eyed over your kitchen.

So, sounds like you'll totally have room for us when (if?) we come to Washington in the summer. :) Yippee!

The Moyers said...

WOW! What a beautiful home! Isn't it the greatest having your own space and a backyard for the kids. The backyard the greatest when we move...right now we're trying to clean up our deer droppings so that we can enjoy it better now that the weather is warmer!

P.S. Your kids are adorable! I would love to get them together with our boys some day!

The Johnsons said...

Me too!! I can't wait until we get our "real" house. A bigger nicer one than we have. But at least we have one! Glad to see your blog again.

Lisa said...

Your new house is beautiful!! (especially the kitchen) It sounds like it got a bit stressful, but I am so glad it all worked out. Maybe you will end up making more money from renters?!? We miss you guys and game nights. I am glad I have your blog now so that we can keep up on eachother. It was good to hear that you guys are doing so well!!