Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 Days Left

Only three days left until the "So You Think You Can Dance" concert! I am so excited I can hardly stand the wait. I bought tickets for the show and am bringing a good friend of mine to watch the fab top ten in all their glory. I have been obsessed with every season, but the choreography this time around was phenomenal. It's not very often that you get to see some of the most talented choreographers from all over the world come together for one show. The best part of it all is that it was free. Blissfully, free entertainment every Wednesday and Thursday during the summer. Though I'm paying a pretty penny for the show this weekend I'd pay more if I had too! As with every season there's always at least one Mormon on the show. Good old Benji won it for us during the second season, and others have followed at least to the top ten. This year's Chelsea was home taught by a close family friend of ours. Small world, ehh! Dance really does dominate in Utah.

I love dancing and for those of you who don't know I danced all growing up. I wasn't fantastic but I was passionate about it. I competed, danced with studios, and did musical theatre. I miss it terribly--ahh the good old days. I thought I would be dancing my whole life but alas a lame back injury during my junior year of high school forced me to quit. I was heartbroken. After that other parts of my life just took over. With Americorps, college, meeting my awesome hubby, and the kiddos I haven't been able to dance much over the last few years. One day I'll get started again. Once Shawn graduates from school I'll be enrolling in a class, yipee!

So here are pics of my two favorite contestants from this season. Wouldn't it be cool if I took these photos? Ha, only in my dreams! The first is Will who truly was the most gifted dancer I have ever watched. His technique was complete perfection and his movement was so fluid, natural, and emotionally stirring. The second photo is of Mark. He had this great corkiness about him and danced with tremendous passion, character, and humor.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks for reading about one of my many obsessions :)

7 comments:

Jennica said...

I loved Mark. He was my fav and I was so sad to see him go. I am jealous that you get to see the tour. They never come to Vegas for those. Have lots of fun and think of me.

Leslie said...

And here I was thinking I was the only one that loved Mark! How exciting that you get to see the show! Blog all about it, pretty please.

Shannon said...

My kids really liked watching this show, too. They are going to be jealous when I tell them you are going to the live performance!
And you dance, too? Good night, Andrea - is there anything you can't do?

Julia said...

You were such an amazing dancer! It was an outright tragedy when you got injured! But I have always been so amazed with how well you have dealt with adversity. You just moved on and found other interests to become amazing at...debate, student council, etc, etc. Anyway, I hope you can get back into it someday. In the mean time, it looks like you've found a great outlet by watching it.

Jules said...

I so wish we were able to go together.

Terra S said...

ANdrea, Brock and I will be near the seattle area...about 2 hours. How close are you to there?

The Sorensen Family said...

Didn't know you were up this way, we just 30 minutes north. Do you have my number? Don't want to leave it in the comments sections so send me an e-mail: andrea_sorensen@hotmail.com