Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finally I'm writing about our Summer trip

It's about time I got this up! Last time I gave the lame excuse about not being able to get my photos off of my laptop (which was true) but there were other reasons for my procrastination:

1. I've been busy with clients lately, yipee! So I spend most of my time working on photos of other people instead of my family.

2. "The Twilight Saga." Just like the rest of you I was sucked in the moment I picked up Twilight. I read all four books in 5 days and became terribly obsessed! Once I finished the series I found myself in mourning thinking about the characters and wishing there was another book to read. I didn't want Bella and Edwards story to end! Okay, I realize how ridiculous and melodramatic I sound, but for those of you who have gone there and loved every minute of it you know exactly what I'm talking about. I feel like I should be wearing a sign that says "open mouth, insert foot" in front of all my friends who I casually made fun of for their Twilight obsessions. Sorry, I give you all full permission to say "I told you so."

Ahh see there I go again with the Twilight thing, wasn't this supposed to be about my trip to Utah? I wish I could remember more of the details. That's what I get for waiting so long to journal about our vaca. Will I ever learn? No probably not! I actually didn't end up taking too many pictures of our activities as I spent most of my time doing photo shoots for others (which I loved!) As I mentioned earlier I had the opportunity to photograph Andree's wedding (one of my best buds from high school) and I loved that. More photos from her wedding, as well as my other photo sessions should be up on my photography blog within the next day or two, so please check it out. http://www.youreverycolorphotography.blogspot.com
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
*The first picture is of my sisters daughter Tailinn. Kinsley and Tailinn are only two weeks apart. They had such a great time playing together.
*The second photo is of my dad with mine and my sisters kids. He was so happy to have all his grandchildren together.
*The third picture is one of my favorites from the trip. It's off my brothers son Mason. He looks like he's gloating "NBA here I come!" I won't tell him yet that his favorite aunt Andrea (me) is taller than his own dad. Sorry Mason but you haven't got a chance! LOL, love ya Zach!
Photobucket
We started off our trip at Shawn's dads family reunion. They had a talent portion and Kinsley asked me if she could get up and sing. The photo is not that great, but she did a wonderful job. There must have been at least 100 people there and she sang the "Fifty Nifty United States" all by herself. My favorite part is when she sings "Texas". She draws out the note as if she were singing the last note from "Tomorrow" as Annie on Broadway. She is quite the little performer.

The rest of the photos are from our trip to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. The kids had a blast and so did we! The museum is usually pretty expensive to get into, but we went on "Two dollar Tuesday". Once we arrived we were shocked to see that the line extend out the door and around the building. We didn't know this was the first time they had ever run the promotion and boy did it draw a crowd! Though it was a little more crowded than we would have hoped for, we had an awesome time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Can't wait for our next trip to Utah! We miss all of you!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yipee! Thanks for writing about your trip to Utah. I've been looking forward to the post. I also loved the pictures. You have such a cute family. I can't wait until we can come and visit you all.

Jennica said...

SO fun. It is okay that it took you so long to blog about it. I still haven't written about our family vacation either.

Shannon said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip. And I am not going to say "told you so"... just "welcome to the club!" :)

Jules said...

So fun. I also cannot wait to see you guys again.

Julia said...

We did the two-dollar Tuesday too. I was totally worth it! I'm glad you are a Twilight convert. :) It was great to see you. Be sure to call me anytime if you ever need to chat again.

The Johnsons said...

We never hooked up when you came! I was so busy I just thought I'd check in and see when you even came. I've been running crazy too and just realized we were supposed to meet up. Oh well. When I come to Washington or when you come here again, next time. All the pictures are awesome. You are amazing and your children were born to be photographed!